If you haven’t guessed yet by the title, today is my 23rd birthday. It’s hard to believe that another year of my life has passed. I won’t be really cliche right now and say “wow, it went by so fast.” Contrary to many people, I don’t think life is short. Life is long.
I have had a special treat for you today. I figured instead of asking for gifts and petitioning well-wishes, I would give you a gift instead.
But something went wrong, so I won’t be unveiling Illuminated Mind’s newest feature just yet. I would tell you what it’s all about. But that would ruin the surprise, right?
So here’s my second best gift to you today: the best-of Illuminated Mind. Here are the posts that shocked and inspired millions a few people. Here they are in no particular order:
- Liberate Your Life: Put Yourself on Auto-Response
- Enlightenment is Overrated
- 10 Counterintuitive Ways to Improve Your Life
- The Cult of Productivity & the Art of Purposeless Living
- 33 of Lifeâ€™s Most Powerful Lessons (over 100,000 views)
- Living Freestyle; Life Without a Template
- Embracing Creative ADD and Thinking Inside the Circle
- 5 Signs Youâ€™ve Married Your Problems (and how to divorce them)
- 10 Ways to Avoid Brainwashing
- The Secret to Happiness: Stop Caring
- 6 Keys to Develop the Action Habit
- 7 Rules To Re-Claim the Ownership of Your Mind
This is a great intro of the best articles here for anyone new to this blog.
OKAY. So if you really want to give me a present for my birthday (who doesn’t like presents?) here’s what you can do:
- Tell someone about Illuminated Mind, email someone an article, link to one of my posts on your blog, or add me to your blogroll. Hell, I’d be happy if you told your cat.
- Make a donation in appreciation of my hard work to help make your life a little easier.
- Digg, stumble, or del.icio.us bookmark, or vote for one of my articles in some way.
- Link back to Illuminated Mind with this button (super cool, I made it myself).
- Go to this article and rate it at the bottom (click on the little stars). If you give me a good rating, I might win a super cool prize.
- Lastly, subscribe to Paid to Exist (if you haven’t already) – use the big orange button below.
Tomorrow I’ll be posting “year of change” article here, talking about what I’ve learned and the goals I’ve accomplished in the past year, as well as my new goals for this coming year. That’s it for now, I’m off to have Thai food and celebrate with my (most beautiful) wife.
Daniel Richard says
Heya dude, guess we are of the same age this year! Haha. I’m bookmarking this page.
AND yes! Happy 23rd birthday to you. Have a fabulous time ahead yeah. :)
Alaia Williams says
Happy Birthday! Our birthday’s are close – mine was Monday (and I’m a year older).
Have a good one!
apricot tea. says
happy birthday, darling!
I love you. & I am so proud of all the accomplishments you’ve made with your blog. :]
Glen Allsopp says
Congratulations mate, I’m very happy for you. I also just realised it was one year ago today that I landed in South Africa :)
Sid Savara says
Happy Birthday Jonathan
Your blog is great. I look forward to seeing what you have tomorrow =)
Vered - MomGrind says
Happy birthday, Jonathan!
I am already a subscriber, but I gave you gift #5. Hope you win that cool prize. :)
GCU Prosthetic Conscience says
Hrm. You baked us a cookie, but you ated it?
Hey .. happy birthday. Couldn’t find stars to rate. Am stumbling.
Wow. I have been reading your blog for some weeks now, but only today realized how young you are. Just 23? Less than half of my age… I am impressed by the immense wisdom you show at this young age.
Congratulations for who you are today, happy birthday to you and much happiness to you and your family. And thank you so much for all your excellent and inspiring texts.
Evelyn Lim says
Happy Birthday, Jonathan! I can’t believe that you are still so young! You are one enterprising dude!
May you be blessed – Always!
Keep up the good work, your blog is great!
What?! You’re only 23? Well… I’m gonna have to stop saying boys my age are immature! :-)
Happy birthday to you! Since I subscribed to your blog, each of your posts comes as an occasion to have a break and reconnect with who I am and what I really want. I’m also making huge progress reclaiming ownership of my mind. Thank you.
Also, when a friend of mine starts complaining of anything in their lives that can be changed, I sit them in from of the computer and open one of your posts. It’s my way of spreading the good news. :-)
"Motivate Thyself" says
Happy B-day Jonathan! I’ll give this one a stumble as a small gift and because there’s just a lot of great posts showcased here!
I am looking forward the the unveiling!
Thank you everyone for your well wishes and kindness!
Linda Jacquot says
Happy Birthday! The Illuminated Mind is a gift in itself – I just discovered it this past week, and I am already learning so much from it. Such a wise man for so young. May you enjoy many more years. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I really enjoy it.
Luciano Passuello says
Your website is really impressive. Keep up with the high energy! :)
(I voted for the article — it’s a great one.)
All the best.