We all want to live out our dreams, and create the life we want. But it can be scary.
- It’s scary to think about what will happen if we follow our hearts when it doesn’t seem very practical.
- It’s scary to give up the safe, predictable existence of the 9 to 5.
- It’s scary to do what you think you can’t do.
- It’s scary to think that you might fail.
- It’s scary when you’re not sure where to start.
It’s time to reclaim your personal power and freedom.
We could stay small, we could play it safe. But that’s not a life, that’s just existing. If you want to live on your terms, you have to stop seeking permission. The best way to get permission is to not need it.
So let’s let go of…
- Letting our lives be dictated by fear of failing.
- Allowing uncertainty about where to start keep us from ever taking the first step to living our dreams.
- Trying to create the perfect plan or waiting for the perfect time to start your dream journey. (Here’s a hint: that time will never come.)
- Thinking that we have to live the way others tell us to. (We can make our own rules.)
- Settling for something other than what we truly want.
We’ve been conditioned to believe that we need to keep our heads down and follow a template for living.
It goes something like this: Go to school, go to college, find a job that you kind of like (but really don’t), get married, have some kids, save for retirement, and slowly give up.
But we don’t have to live like this.
Just because a lot of people do something, doesn’t mean that’s the only way to live. You can follow your own path, wake up excited, and live on your own terms.
I found a different way… and I’d like to show it to you.
Not too long ago, I wasn’t living my dreams. Far from it, actually. I was spending much of my time partying and drinking to avoid confronting the fact that I couldn’t stand my life. I worked at a job I hated as a file clerk — I called it file-hell-liaison — and woke up unhappy on a daily basis.
I started questioning this constricting path, and then one day I woke up. I realized that I couldn’t live like this any more. I had to do something about it.
So I started to go to work on myself. I thought about the life I really wanted to create, instead of the one I was told I should live. I started getting clear about what I wanted, and I worked hard to change my beliefs, and replace the habits I created with more effective, empowering ones. I started to reclaim my dreams, and I started to come alive.
What I realized is that the most effective ways to improve your life are often counter-intuitive. They go against conventional wisdom and what’s supposed to work. In this guide I’d like to share with you the strange, but highly effective strategies I’ve learned.
These shifts have allowed me to:
- Quit my job and create an income doing something I love.
- Spend more time doing the things I enjoy (hiking, martial arts, and writing).
- Design my schedule the way I see fit. (I can take trips out of town at the spur of the moment.)
- Spend more time with my wife and family.
- Wake up excited about my life.
It’s time to resurrect your dreams.
Think of the life you really want to create (not the one you think you should live). You know, the one that keeps nudging you as you sit in your chair, or on your couch. Imagine how it will feel to accomplish it. Imagine how proud you will be of yourself. Imagine how proud partner, your family, children, or future children will be.
Imagine the positive impact you will have on this planet, by having the courage to follow your dreams.
Maybe you’re not sure how to start. The exercises in Reclaim Your Dreams will help you find your path.
In this guide, you’ll learn how to resurrect your dreams from the grave of practicality and start making them a reality.
Reclaim Your Dreamswill help you:
- Define Your Dreams – Sometimes it’s hard to define what your dreams are when you’re so used to suppressing them. The exercises in this guide will help you uncover those dreams, aspirations, and create a map of what you want to create.
- Overcome Uncertainty – You probably wonder at some level whether dreams are practical or just ridiculous. This guide will help you learn how to know the difference, and overcome self-doubt that keeps you from taking action.
- Break free from limiting beliefs – Throughout this ebook, you’ll learn that conventional wisdom is really just a big, fat collective assumption. Dreams are possible, and Reclaim Your Dreams will show you step by step how to make your dreams take root in the world.
- Learn how to deal with naysayers – While there are the elusive few like yourself who dare to dream, there are others who would seek to bring you down because your courage makes them uncomfortable. You’ll learn how to overcome the critics and create a powerful group of people that will support you on your path.
- Create a roadmap — If you don’t have a roadmap, it’s easy to become paralyzed by indecision and procrastinate on moving forward. Throughout the guide, you’ll learn how to create a strategy that will make it inevitable that you succeed.
- Re-ignite your fire — I know what it’s like to lose your passion when you’re going to the same boring job, repeating the same boring routine. It’s enough to make you crazy. In Reclaim Your Dreams you’ll learn how to get your fire back and rekindle your excitement for life. Instead of dreading the next day, you’ll look forward to it.
You could be totally excited about your life in a few moments.
The truth is, you don’t have have to find your path “out there.” It’s already waiting inside of you, burning within you, waiting to unfold. All you have to do is take the first step.
What you get:
- The 22,000+ word ebook.
- All the strategies, tools and tactics for making your dreams a reality.
- Practical exercises at the end of each chapter to implement and actually get results.
- PLUS: The “I’m Serious About Action” Worksheets — 30 pages of self-inquiries, powerful questions, and exercises that will help you get kick-started on the path to your dreams.
Uncancel your dreams and start moving forward
The truth is, you can’t afford not to dream. You can’t afford to let another year slip away without following your heart. You have to start now.
So will you join this rare group of people that take action on our dreams?
We could use some company.
Leo Babauta from Zen Habits had this to say:
“Too many of us put our dreams on hold because of fear, lack of time, or a lack of believing in ourselves. Reclaim Your Dreams is the cure for these maladies, and I highly recommend that everyone read this book, today, and put these words into action. Today.” –Leo Babauta
PS: This book is less than the price of dinner for two at a pretty cheap restaurant. That’s a pretty sweet deal for something that will completely change your life. Imagine feeling a tingling excitement about your desires, rather than a feeling of hopelessness. Wouldn’t that be nice?