2012 for me was the Year of Transition and Change.
In this post I’ll share with you some of the highlights, challenges and an overview of the numbers in our business this year. This is the first time I’ve actually shared some of this stuff. Please let me know in the comments what you think and maybe we’ll make it a tradition.
Here are some of the big moments of 2012:
- We completely relaunched and redesigned our flagship coaching program: Trailblazer. I tore all the content down and redesigned everything from the ground up. I’m really proud of what we did with it and what our Trailblazers have accomplished this year.
- In the process we created a brand new way of marketing Trailblazer through content-based monthly webinars. Previously our business was 100% launch driven. It feels so amazing to have removed the stress of constantly trying to launch things.
- We hired another team member, Dustin, who’s completely transformed our business in so many incredible ways. We’re creating a family here at PTE that I’m incredibly proud to be a part of.
- We rebranded from Illuminated Mind to Paid to Exist. Then a month later we decided to move all our systems from Aweber/1shoppingcart/37signals to Office Autopilot (aff link). Not sure if we’re completely insane or totally genius.
- I stopped doing one-on-one coaching this year almost entirely. It feels amazing to have a wide open schedule every single week.
- Launched a live mastermind event in Portland, our first of many offline gatherings to come.
- Created the Job Escape Kit and launched it to a small number of presell buyers. Started preparing for official release in 2013.
However, this year wasn’t without challenges. We learned the hard way that things often take much longer than we’d like and that sometimes transitions are rough.
- It took us a while to get adjusted to the “launchless life.” There were several months where we just squeaked by to meet our operating expenses for the month. This was frustrating to say the least. But it was still better than rollercoaster launching any day. Next year we’ll focus more on recurring revenue.
- The rebranding was supposed to take a month. It took three.
- The move to an all new system was supposed to take a month. It took three.
- Creating the beta release of the Job Escape Kit was supposed to take a month… you get the picture. :)
All in all I must say however that despite this year not being the year of mind-blowing growth, it’s been a beautiful year. We’ve grown closer together as a team. We’ve laid the foundation internally with a more aligned brand and system to do great things in the coming year (I’ll talk more about that in the next post).
And of course, that which is inmost is destined to become outmost. I know all of this core cultivation will yield in due time.
Here’s what our business looked like by the numbers:
- Subscribers: 34,397
- Revenue: $202,635
- Monthly unique visitors: 60,000
- Products launched: 2
- Biggest launch: $72,000
- Largest source of income: Trailblazer
I’m looking forward to growth next year, with more savings, and making more stuff with more ease and a sense of flow.
In the next post, I’ll talk about what we’ve got planned for 2013 and what to expect from us next year. It’s going to be a really fun year. :)
How about you? What was your biggest lesson or accomplishment of 2012?
Be Your Own **** Boss
Get everything you need to finally leave your job for good. Including a detailed field guide, daily steps to freedom right to your inbox, and detailed case studies.
The first few weeks of the Job Escape Kit has already produced some outcomes Iâ€™d never thought Iâ€™d see in my whole career.” ~ Nick Burk